There’s nothing better than standing back and admiring your newly installed laminate flooring. The fresh, crisp look laminate flooring brings to internal spaces enhances any interior decorating style. But how do you keep them looking great now and into the future?
While laminate floors may look as good as natural hardwood floors, but that doesn’t mean you need to clean them the same way. Laminate floors need special care. Unlike hardwood floorboards, you cannot refinish the surface of laminate flooring if it gets stained, chipped, or damaged.
As it’s essential to maintain your laminate floors and treat them with care, we thought we’d share our top tips on how to clean your new floors.
- Read the instructions: your laminate flooring will come with instructions from the manufacturer. Please read them. The brand may have specific recommendations about cleaning depending on the materials used to make the product.
- Wipe spills immediately: as soon as you see a spill, wipe it up to avoid stains as liquids can damage laminate floors. If you notice a stain on your laminate flooring, use a little rubbing alcohol and a soft cloth to remove it. Dab the affected area, let it stand for a few minutes and then rub dry. You may need to repeat the process for stubborn stains. Once you’re happy with how it looks, wipe away any excess.
- Don’t use abrasive pads or tools: laminate floors can scratch, so avoid abrasive cleaning pads or vacuums with beater bars.
- Mop your laminate floor every two months: keep your laminate floors fresh by mopping them with damp microfibre mops, which are gentle enough to use on laminate floors.
- Go easy on the water: avoid traditional mopping as water can get into white the boards join and cause damage (like swelling or floor bubbling).
- Protect the surface from future damage: consider adding soft furniture pads under the legs of chairs and tables, especially if they get moved around. Floor mats and rugs—particularly by entrances—will also help prevent wear and tear.
- Use a welcome mat: encourage all visitors to wipe their feet thoroughly before entering as dirt tracked in from outside will make your floor dirty, and it can also damage the floor.
Choose Vision Decor for your laminate flooring in Perth
Vision Décor proudly stock Supergloss™ and satin gloss finish ranges. Our flooring is available in various colours and finishes, allowing you to add style and sophistication to any space with minimal effort and outlay. Even better, laminate flooring enhances your curtains or blinds to create a cohesive look.
Our experienced team can talk you through all the available options to help you find the right flooring for your home renovating or home building project.